Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» {Bokoor_Beats_Vintage_Afro-Beat,_Afro-Rock-adds
Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:08 am by seepheme

» Skoda Favorit English Manual Pdf
Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:23 am by seepheme

» Lovers Romantic Sex In Park Couples Hot Erotic Sex
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:47 pm by seepheme

» Download Start Xforce Keygen 32bits Autocad 2013
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:18 pm by seepheme

» Download Start Xforce Keygen 32bits Autocad 2013
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 pm by seepheme

» Download Start Xforce Keygen 32bits Autocad 2013
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm by seepheme

» Beautiful Young Lolitas 9 To 11 Year Nude
Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:43 pm by seepheme

» Download Bokep Lewat Hp
Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:08 am by seepheme

» Download Bokep Lewat Hp
Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 am by seepheme

September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


What are your views upon the Trinity?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Sarge on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted to put that question out there upon what is our views upon the trinity? What is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit's role w/in the Trinity?

Sarge

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31
Location : SF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  methodikal on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Sarge wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to put that question out there upon what is our views upon the trinity? What is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit's role w/in the Trinity?

Thanks Sarge...this should be a great thread. I have my stance on what Trinity is and what each role is, but i think ima sit back and let the otha folks take a stab at this one for now...
avatar
methodikal
Admin

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 35
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm

methodikal wrote:
Sarge wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to put that question out there upon what is our views upon the trinity? What is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit's role w/in the Trinity?

Thanks Sarge...this should be a great thread. I have my stance on what Trinity is and what each role is, but i think ima sit back and let the otha folks take a stab at this one for now...


MATT....whaT IS uR stANCE oN tHE GoDHead? The Trinity?
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  methodikal on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Err uh...i kinda wna see the otha folks post before I do...not that I dont want to, but to get otha folks involved as well. But yes, I will respond, promise.
avatar
methodikal
Admin

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 35
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  CLER on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 pm

ahhh the Trinity. One of the essentials of the Christian beliefs. Something I'd love to learn more about. Let's use the Scriptures folks!

CLER

Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 am

CLER wrote:ahhh the Trinity. One of the essentials of the Christian beliefs. Something I'd love to learn more about. Let's use the Scriptures folks!



Yes Indeed....If we are to understand everything else about our faith..we MUST FIRST UNDERSTAND WHO GOD IS.....If we do..everything else will fall into place...we talk so much about fellowship and ministry and discipleship but when was the last time weve ever talked about God...WHo He is...His Nature and Essence...Characteristics.....LEts not Make God as just some ordinary entity in our lives but SOmeone whom we make the reason for every good deed that we do... LEt the Learning Begin!!!! What a Face
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Mark on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:48 am

Been doing some research and this is just a little bit of what I found.

The father chooses who will be saved. "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love." Ephesians 1:4

The son who redeemed us and for our sins to be forgiven. " In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace." Ephesians 1:7

The spirit seals us with faith and hold us true to our nature until God comes back. "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13

These are just a few examples of the trinity. I don't know much so please correct anything that may contradict the word. I guess the way I see it is the trinity is one God but different parts of God. With out one or the other then certain things cannot be put to work. The Father chooses, the son was the sacrifice, and the holy spirit is the faith. I guess a good example is that God is our body, but the father is our head, the son our limbs, and the holy spirit our core. I know it is not a good example but I was trying to explain how The trinity is God but different parts with different purposes. Would like to know what you guys think.
avatar
Mark

Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:54 am

Mark wrote:Been doing some research and this is just a little bit of what I found.

The father chooses who will be saved. "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love." Ephesians 1:4

The son who redeemed us and for our sins to be forgiven. " In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace." Ephesians 1:7

The spirit seals us with faith and hold us true to our nature until God comes back. "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13

These are just a few examples of the trinity. I don't know much so please correct anything that may contradict the word. I guess the way I see it is the trinity is one God but different parts of God. With out one or the other then certain things cannot be put to work. The Father chooses, the son was the sacrifice, and the holy spirit is the faith. I guess a good example is that God is our body, but the father is our head, the son our limbs, and the holy spirit our core. I know it is not a good example but I was trying to explain how The trinity is God but different parts with different purposes. Would like to know what you guys think.



Bro...Its not about knowing much....We all should strive to know GOD Even more each day...And God is very complex in his ways....Ill give my input based on scripture when i can...right now am at school
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  jeffrocks on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 am

I like this graphic:

avatar
jeffrocks

Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-01-23
Location : Bay Bay Bay Bay Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  methodikal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 am

Sarge wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to put that question out there upon what is our views upon the trinity? What is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit's role w/in the Trinity?

Mark wrote:Been doing some research and this is just a little bit of what I found...I guess a good example is that God is our body, but the father is our head, the son our limbs, and the holy spirit our core. I know it is not a good example but I was trying to explain how The trinity is God but different parts with different purposes. Would like to know what you guys think.

Here's my 2cents

Before we even get into the Scripture's evidence of the Trinity, lets get some things straight. It is of great importance for us to understand that God cannot be limited into 3 persons or entities. The way I thought of Trinity before was just like how Mark described it. Three different "parts with different purposes". We have to understand that God IS the Father, God IS the Son, and God IS the Holy Spirit. Each has the same purpose. Neither one is higher/lower than the other. Each part of the Trinity is God...fully God, not 1/3 of God, but full God. I'm human, and when things are categorized, I tend to think each category has a specific purpose. Not so w/ God. I spoke to a Father John, a priest @ St. Andrew's church, about 2 years ago, asking him about the Trinity. He said, "The notion of Trinity is a way for us to understand who God is and how he works, but even that is not enough to fully understand who God is." I totally agree w/ him. When not explained, the idea of Trinity tends to "limit" who God is and what He can do. I encourage yall to listen to what Earl posted in the Media Section on Mark Driscoll. I listened to part of the Trinity sermon, and its pretty good...here's the link for yallz:
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/doctrine?page=1

Ok...bring on the scripture! study
avatar
methodikal
Admin

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 35
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  methodikal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 am

jeffrocks wrote:I like this graphic:


OoOO right on Jeff! Was lookin for a visual to go w/ my explanation!!
avatar
methodikal
Admin

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 35
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:07 am

methodikal wrote:
jeffrocks wrote:I like this graphic:


OoOO right on Jeff! Was lookin for a visual to go w/ my explanation!!



YES I LOVE IT!!!! COOL VISUAL!!!! EXACTLY WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES!!!! For Me based on what Scripture says, its important that we all agree that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD!!!....

Deuteronomy 6:4: "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

We are a MONOTHEISTIC FAITH(if thats how you spell the word..dont know).....

The ONE TRUE GOD IS REVEALED IN THREE DISTINCT PERSONS....GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT........ALL THREE ARE DISTINCT...THE FATHER ISNT THE SON.....THE SON ISNT THE HOLY SPIRIT....THE SPIRIT ISNT THE SON NOR THE FATHER.......

However..THEY ARE ONE IN ESSENCE AND EQUAL IN DEITY AND GLORY AND POWER AND HONOR

In the OLd Testament We first find the TRinity is Genesis 1: In the Beginning God(ELohim) created the Heavens and the Earth....Interesting: ELohim is a hebrew word for GOd but it is expressed or has a Pluralistic form......Go on Further WHen God creates Man He says , " Let US!!!! Make MAN IN OUR!!!!! Image After OUR Own Likeness"...only makes sense if The GODHEAD were speaking at this point...in this case The Trinity


God The Father is a Spirit ....John 1: 18: No One has ever seen God(The Father)..but the One and Only(The Son) Who is at the Father's Side has made him(The Father) Known

1 Tim 6: 15 God is the blessed ruler...who lives in unapprochable light, which no one has Seen"

John 4: 24: God is SPIRIT and his worshipers must worship in Spirit and in Truth

God The Father is Eternal (Deut 33:27)..Creator(Genesis 1)...The Father is Self Existent (Exodus 3: 14)......His Sovereignty(Ps 95:3...Ps 146: 10....Ps75:6-7)........Isa 46: 10) Holy (Isa 43:15).....Ezek 39: 7....Isa 6.......Loving..Exod 34:6.....Just(same passage)..powerful and everywhere etc....Gen 17:1......Deut 2:7.....Ominiscient...Psa 147: 4-5...Divine Fatherhood (James 1...Father of Creation 1 cor Cool


God The Son is Eternal (John 1:1-14)......Self Existent (same Passage).....Creator(Genesis 1)........Holy(Isa 6)....Shares all the attributes of the Father

Became Flesh(John 1: 14)....Makes the Father known...reveals The Father...sinless...Exact representation of God's BEing(Heb 1: 3)....... Judge (John 5:22...Rev 20).....Shares all the names of God.....Exalted At the Right Hand of God (Eph 1)...(PS 110)..Alpha and Omega(Rev 1).....Ruler of the Kings of the Earth....Subjected Himself to the Will of The Father by becoming a Man (John 5:30)...Still Equal in Glory and Honor to the Father...Will Return to Establish the Kingdom of God(Rev 19:11.....Rev 21-22)


God The Spirit is Eternal: Genesis 1.......Is Called God (Acts 5:3-4)...Divine (1Cor 3:16)......Holy.....Proceeds from Father and Son (John 15: 26) ...equal to Father and Son.. Creator (PSa 104:30)...Powerful ..(1 Sam 16)...Affected as a person..can be lied to(Acts 5)...Grieved..Isa63.....Resisted (Acts6)...Convicts the world of Sin John 16......Counsels....John 14.....Fills....Eph 5........
sanctifies...Rom 15....Testifies....Rom 8... gives life John 6....gives gifts....Wisdom...Discernment....Prophecy...mercy....encouragement....the fruits of the Spirit


However THE TRINITY IS STILL A MYSTERY....WE CANT FULLY UNDERSTAND GOD...if we did then WED BE EQUAL TO HIM


Last edited by KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Mark on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:11 am

Matt let me try to explain what I said even more. Ok so I said that God is our whole body right but the father is our head, son our limbs, and holy spirit the core. I did say that they have different purposes but in the end who is doing it? If I were picking up something off the floor I will use my hands. But it was me as a person to pick it up. You don't say oh his hands picked it up, you would say oh Mark picked that up. So in the end I picked it up, my hands were just used to pick it up. My hands are a part of me, my hands are me. I didn't say that I saw the Trinity as as different beings or three different God's. The trinity is God.
avatar
Mark

Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  CLER on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:27 am

we're on point so far... i'm still learning. all i can post for now is another song, heheh. Cool breaking things down from same artist Shai Linne.
Lyrics: Triune Praise
Watch and listen
Listen: clear sound



CLER

Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:29 am

CLER wrote:we're on point so far... i'm still learning. all i can post for now is another song, heheh. Cool breaking things down from same artist Shai Linne.
Lyrics: Triune Praise
Watch and listen
Listen: clear sound





Hey Like you Ate...IM STILL LEARNING!!! EVEN I DOnt UNDERSTAND IT...I can only take what Scripture says
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Mark on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 am

CLER wrote:we're on point so far... i'm still learning. all i can post for now is another song, heheh. Cool breaking things down from same artist Shai Linne.
Lyrics: Triune Praise
Watch and listen
Listen: clear sound




Great link Cler. Thank you for this! And yes Earl we are all learning specially me. So you guys have to teach me a lot!
avatar
Mark

Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  methodikal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Mark wrote:Matt let me try to explain what I said even more. Ok so I said that God is our whole body right but the father is our head, son our limbs, and holy spirit the core. I did say that they have different purposes but in the end who is doing it? If I were picking up something off the floor I will use my hands. But it was me as a person to pick it up. You don't say oh his hands picked it up, you would say oh Mark picked that up. So in the end I picked it up, my hands were just used to pick it up. My hands are a part of me, my hands are me. I didn't say that I saw the Trinity as as different beings or three different God's. The trinity is God.

Tooshay Son! Thanks for clarifying ur stance...but on my behalf, thats the way I used to think of it. So I guess our job is to let others saved/not-saved what the Trinity is.

Oh, I just finished the Mark Driscoll Trinity sermon...pretty tyte man. He has plenty of scripture to back up the Trinity idea. Remember, for those who dont know, you will not find the word Trinity in the Bible. But there is plenty of evidence that implies the Trinity is in existence. (Gen 1, John 1:32-34, Matt 3:16-17, etc.) In each of those passages, the three entities are interacting w/ eachother, but as one. Don't let folks tell you otherwise. I guess in our state of mind, there is a need to put a label on anything and everything. "Trinity" is that label that we use.
avatar
methodikal
Admin

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 35
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Mark wrote:
CLER wrote:we're on point so far... i'm still learning. all i can post for now is another song, heheh. Cool breaking things down from same artist Shai Linne.
Lyrics: Triune Praise
Watch and listen
Listen: clear sound




Great link Cler. Thank you for this! And yes Earl we are all learning specially me. So you guys have to teach me a lot!
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  jeffrocks on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

CLER wrote:we're on point so far... i'm still learning. all i can post for now is another song, heheh. Cool breaking things down from same artist Shai Linne.
Lyrics: Triune Praise
Watch and listen
Listen: clear sound



dude, you really like to put those emoticons to use! lol. Great song though! the lyrics are so on point too.

*goes to listen to that Driscoll sermon*
avatar
jeffrocks

Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-01-23
Location : Bay Bay Bay Bay Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Sarge on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Great responses I am reading. I am still doing my studying upon the Trinity myself but I can't post any comments upon it right now b/c I am at work. But here's a site I was reading over during my lunch break.

http://www.creativebiblestudy.com/Bibleobjectlessons-trinity.html

Correct me and the website if there's anything there that is wrong. Like I said, I was just reading it over my lunch break so I was not able to check out all the verses posted on there.

Sarge

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31
Location : SF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  CLER on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 pm

with an essential belief like this... we should be learning this from pastor and from our elders. coz we do need their guidance.

CLER

Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Mawi on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Never really understood the whole trinity thing, even when I was a catholic. Thanks guys!!
avatar
Mawi

Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  jeffrocks on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 pm

CLER wrote:with an essential belief like this... we should be learning this from pastor and from our elders. coz we do need their guidance.

I concur bounce
avatar
jeffrocks

Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-01-23
Location : Bay Bay Bay Bay Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  JENNuine_heart on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 am

nice guys.. really great way to learn together!

the topic of the Trinity is definitely one of the most theological conversations to have, and i think the important facts have been pretty much laid out: that God is One being, equally divine in 3 persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). i can't agree more with earl's statement that the Trinity remains a mystery to all, and i believe that much of its beauty is exactly in that.

so does realizing the Trinity's mystery mean that we don't know anything for sure about God, because in the end it all seems to be a mystery? i think when i read mystery, i'm quick to think that's it's something that can't be understood at all because that's what the word "mystery" means today. but the New Testament writers actually use the Greek word mysterion which means an open secret, something that has already been revealed. therefore, as we continue to dig in through God's Word, we will find that the Trinity does reveal the truth about the nature of God. the truth that God is Three in One, and to many minds that is a mysterious thing.

that's why i think it's important to realize the beauty of this mystery. realizing and believing in the mystery of God means that i can't have all the answers, i can't figure everything out, that my mind can't fully grasp and comprehend His ways. and instead of bringing us into frustration, the mystery of the Trinity is supposed to place us in awe of our God, of His greatness. it is supposed to bring us into thankfulness, into humility, and into wonder.

i get excited because there's so much more to learn about our God! (last corny statement, for now anyways haha)

JENNuine_heart

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  KuyaAirl on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:25 pm

JENNuine_heart wrote:nice guys.. really great way to learn together!

the topic of the Trinity is definitely one of the most theological conversations to have, and i think the important facts have been pretty much laid out: that God is One being, equally divine in 3 persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). i can't agree more with earl's statement that the Trinity remains a mystery to all, and i believe that much of its beauty is exactly in that.

so does realizing the Trinity's mystery mean that we don't know anything for sure about God, because in the end it all seems to be a mystery? i think when i read mystery, i'm quick to think that's it's something that can't be understood at all because that's what the word "mystery" means today. but the New Testament writers actually use the Greek word mysterion which means an open secret, something that has already been revealed. therefore, as we continue to dig in through God's Word, we will find that the Trinity does reveal the truth about the nature of God. the truth that God is Three in One, and to many minds that is a mysterious thing.

that's why i think it's important to realize the beauty of this mystery. realizing and believing in the mystery of God means that i can't have all the answers, i can't figure everything out, that my mind can't fully grasp and comprehend His ways. and instead of bringing us into frustration, the mystery of the Trinity is supposed to place us in awe of our God, of His greatness. it is supposed to bring us into thankfulness, into humility, and into wonder.

i get excited because there's so much more to learn about our God! (last corny statement, for now anyways haha)




HOW AWESOME IS OUR GOD AND ALL HIS WAYS!!!!!

one concern that i have personally..as far as how the church has often looked at God....Weve made the mistake of putting too much if not all emphasis on The LOVE OF GOD and not enough on the other aspects of his character...Dont get me wrong GOD IS LOVE!!!! We ought to be rejoicing for that...and how GREAT IS THAT LOVE....but when was the last time we talked about God's Holiness....His righteousness....Justice.....Mercy...Grace....His other facets

Pastor Antenor once said that the Holiness of God isnt a very popular topic nowadays in church and i agree...we talk about how God wants to bless and give and favor and things and material and blessings,,,but if thats all we see in God, we might as well make him a Genie or something

Even when we do talk about the Love of God..we dont consider that his Love, although unconditional..is also HOLY...in fact all the characteristics of God derive from his Holiness....As pastor Mark put it two fridays ago, the angels in heaven cry out HOLY HOLY HOLY...not loving loving loving or good good good but HOLY!!
avatar
KuyaAirl

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-01-27
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your views upon the Trinity?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum