CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
Non-Christians... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Non-Christians...

+7
Mark
Christian Vengco
Mawi
Sarge
CLER
methodikal
joshcalu
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Non-Christians... - Page 2 Empty Re: Non-Christians...

Post  Mark Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 am

joshcalu wrote:
So, you're saying you would listen and take in info from a true friend who's Muslim, Buddhist, etc?

Yes Josh I would listen but Am I going to believe it? I would at least have the respect to listen and take it in. Doesn't mean that I will believe in what they say. That is up to me. The question was how do we evangelize to our loved ones, not how do we make them believe. In the end it is not up to us to make them believe in Jesus Christ, that is between them and God. But it is our job to talk to them about God and salvation.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:46 am

Mark wrote:
Yes Josh I would listen but Am I going to believe it? I would at least have the respect to listen and take it in. Doesn't mean that I will believe in what they say. That is up to me. The question was how do we evangelize to our loved ones, not how do we make them believe. In the end it is not up to us to make them believe in Jesus Christ, that is between them and God. But it is our job to talk to them about God and salvation.

Gotcha...

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:00 am

I think if you answer these questions Josh then it will give some answers to successful evangelizing. What made you listen and believe in what the Gascon's were teaching you about God and the Bible? How did they do it minus the whole basketball thing? Why did you listen to them in the first place? Answering these questions I think will help a lot of us see what actually may work with others.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:28 am

Mark wrote:I think if you answer these questions Josh then it will give some answers to successful evangelizing. What made you listen and believe in what the Gascon's were teaching you about God and the Bible? How did they do it minus the whole basketball thing? Why did you listen to them in the first place? Answering these questions I think will help a lot of us see what actually may work with others.

Umm... I don't know if my experience will answer anyone's questions.

My experience in being saved did not hinge upon who did or said what to me. I appreciated their (especially Auntie Jovita) willingness to evangelize to me, to "plant the seed," but it wasn't in their divine plan or their will for me to be saved nor was it totally mine. Honestly... it just happened. They invited me to play ball at Church and I accepted. I feel that's all that they were obligated to do.

I think as Christians we tend to forget that our duty is to spread the Word, to plant a seed, continually remind and show people how good God is and who He is (The Great Commission) and pray. We don't have the power make people believe nor should we condemn them if they don't.

As far as evangelizing, I HATED (but totally appreciate NOW) when Nick tried to tell me about how I should believe in God and what "activities" I should and shouldn't do. The method to evangelism totally depends on the person being evangelized to. It's a skill that only gets better after each experience. I think being able to read a person's body language, understanding their way of thinking, taking into account the person's lifestyle, etc and, more importantly, allowing the Holy Spirit to take control will make you more effective in talking to people about God regardless of how big your vocabulary is, how well you speak, or even how many Bible stories/verses you know. But, that's MY take on it. Disagree, bleh... j/k

Last edited by joshcalu on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 am

joshcalu wrote:We don't have the power make people believe nor should we condemn them if they don't.

Agreed! That was what I was saying we cannot make them believe but it is our job to tell them about God. THanks Josh! You said that you hated it when Nick was evangelizing to you but you still listened to what he was saying even though you didn't at that time agree. Definitely agree with you on the style of evangelizing as well. Everyone is different and in different situations. Gotta find ways to evangelize where you know they will understand and listen to what your are saying.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  CLER Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:02 pm

methodikal wrote:
CLER wrote:

If it's a group thing like that, I would suggest just bring up a simple question like what Rodel said. Then usually one person may show interest and direct that conversation to him. If you want, you can try to include others to the conversation, but if that doesn't work just focus on that one person showing interest. Others will listen, even though they're not really part of the conversation, they can still hear it. Or this is another boldness which is you try to talk to each person, let them know I gotta talk to you about something that is important to you and that since you love them, you want them to know about it.

CONGRATS CLER!! YOUR THE #200 POST IN THIS FORUM!! Non-Christians... - Page 2 652909

Cool thanks for the suggestion! Anyone else?

Woohoooo!!! Non-Christians... - Page 2 809717 Non-Christians... - Page 2 604747 Non-Christians... - Page 2 952171 Non-Christians... - Page 2 23395 Non-Christians... - Page 2 886685 Non-Christians... - Page 2 432827 Non-Christians... - Page 2 14745 Non-Christians... - Page 2 431727 cheers bounce

Non-Christians... - Page 2 892378

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 pm

^^ Non-Christians... - Page 2 420357

omg she used all the smilies. PUhahahahhah!!
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JENNuine_heart Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

definitely agree with most of what's being said here.. i really like how we're asking practical ways we can approach things as well..

matt, quick question.. you mentioned that you wanted to build-off of the community service idea that was suggested by your friends.. just curious, how did you guys even start talking about that? it sorta sounds like your friends are pretty justice-oriented Smile

JENNuine_heart

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm

JENNuine_heart wrote:definitely agree with most of what's being said here.. i really like how we're asking practical ways we can approach things as well..

matt, quick question.. you mentioned that you wanted to build-off of the community service idea that was suggested by your friends.. just curious, how did you guys even start talking about that? it sorta sounds like your friends are pretty justice-oriented Smile

We were talkin bout a road trip, then one of my friends said, "while we're on the road trip, why dont we visit a soup kitchen or something?"...and thats what I wanted to build off of but wasnt sure how...
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum