CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
After school EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
After school EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
After school EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
After school EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
After school EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
After school EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
After school EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
After school EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
After school EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

After school

2 posters

Go down

After school Empty After school

Post  Rosielle Manuel Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 am

I had a touching moment with one of my kids today in school. After homework time I introduced some poems I found from other kids and it was about families and their life situations. I really didn’t think the children were going to get into it but they did. So we ended up having deep thoughts and discussions about life and about the negative and positive parts of it. It was great for me because they actually opened up. When I collected the poems I didn’t have time to read all because it was time to leave.
While I was walking back to the cafeteria I read one poem I had in my binder and it was a picture of a sad girl and her family. She wrote about how she misses her father and how much she wants her family back. She wrote about her father being in jail. While I was waiting for the parents to pick up their children she was one of the last ones sitting. I asked her if her poem was true and she said yes.
As I was thinking of what to say to her I kept asking her questions and she began to get a little more comfortable and she’s one of the shy kids in the class. As we were talking I told her the story about my dad and I felt that we had the same connection and she started to cry. She continued to ask me question and how I felt and how I feel now.
I’m really thankful because she never shared her life situation with anyone else and the reason is because she feels embarrassed about it. I believe God puts people in our lives to comfort and help one another. Hopefully I could build a stronger relationship with her because she needs someone to be there for her

Rosielle Manuel

Back to top Go down

After school Empty Re: After school

Post  methodikal Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Rosielle Manuel wrote:I had a touching moment with one of my kids today in school. After homework time I introduced some poems I found from other kids and it was about families and their life situations. I really didn’t think the children were going to get into it but they did. So we ended up having deep thoughts and discussions about life and about the negative and positive parts of it. It was great for me because they actually opened up. When I collected the poems I didn’t have time to read all because it was time to leave.
While I was walking back to the cafeteria I read one poem I had in my binder and it was a picture of a sad girl and her family. She wrote about how she misses her father and how much she wants her family back. She wrote about her father being in jail. While I was waiting for the parents to pick up their children she was one of the last ones sitting. I asked her if her poem was true and she said yes.
As I was thinking of what to say to her I kept asking her questions and she began to get a little more comfortable and she’s one of the shy kids in the class. As we were talking I told her the story about my dad and I felt that we had the same connection and she started to cry. She continued to ask me question and how I felt and how I feel now.
I’m really thankful because she never shared her life situation with anyone else and the reason is because she feels embarrassed about it. I believe God puts people in our lives to comfort and help one another. Hopefully I could build a stronger relationship with her because she needs someone to be there for her

After school 420357 That is DOOOOPPPEE!!
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum