CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos?

4 posters

Go down

Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? Empty Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos?

Post  Sarge Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 pm

I ask this question b/c some believers accept it today and some are still going w/ what the Old Testament says. But I am still quite confuse about it because someone told me that, "Well those are old testament practices we don't live practicing most of those anymore like sacrificing animals for the forgiveness of our sins." I know its a non-essential but I just wanted to ask this. Out of curiosity. If its alright confused

Sarge

Back to top Go down

Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? Empty Re: Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos?

Post  CLER Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Sarge wrote:I ask this question b/c some believers accept it today and some are still going w/ what the Old Testament says. But I am still quite confuse about it because someone told me that, "Well those are old testament practices we don't live practicing most of those anymore like sacrificing animals for the forgiveness of our sins." I know its a non-essential but I just wanted to ask this. Out of curiosity. If its alright confused

Good post. I can't think right now, but I did struggle with this before, but all I can say is that ain't down with the old covenant anymore... I'm with new covenant now, but that don't mean I can be a stumbling block for the fambam!

CLER

Back to top Go down

Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? Empty Re: Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos?

Post  joshcalu Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 am

Sarge wrote:I ask this question b/c some believers accept it today and some are still going w/ what the Old Testament says. But I am still quite confuse about it because someone told me that, "Well those are old testament practices we don't live practicing most of those anymore like sacrificing animals for the forgiveness of our sins." I know its a non-essential but I just wanted to ask this. Out of curiosity. If its alright confused

Is it any more detrimental to your body/temple than eating unhealthy? Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? 646889

CLER wrote: Good post. I can't think right now, but I did struggle with this before, but all I can say is that ain't down with the old covenant anymore... I'm with new covenant now, but that don't mean I can be a stumbling block for the fambam!

What she said! Are piercings in general bad to have? including tattoos? 45746

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm

I think its koo to have tats per these requirements: (these are only my reqz, not anyone else's...)

1. It should represent something significant, like the name/picture of a deceased loved one, a phrase/verse that holds meaning to you (in context of course LoL!!)...not just there to have one or cz you think its cute/cool/hot.

2. Should be in a discrete area, hidden even from view so that other folks dont stumble on it (like what cler said). Although this might be more difficult w/ piercings...or not? Puhahahhah

3. Shouldn't be intended for show...if people notice it, kool, but I dont think tats should be flaunted like them "tramp-stamps" (for lack of a better phrase... LoL)

Just my 2cents
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum