CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
LA this weekend. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
LA this weekend. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
LA this weekend. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
LA this weekend. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
LA this weekend. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
LA this weekend. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
LA this weekend. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
LA this weekend. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
LA this weekend. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LA this weekend.

3 posters

Go down

LA this weekend. Empty LA this weekend.

Post  methodikal Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:35 am

Jz wanted to share some things from this past weekend while @ Pastor Eli's place.

He had a great message on Sunday about moving mountains. No not like Usher, but like how Zechariah said it. (Zech. 14:1-14.)

Ptr. Eli told a story about his brother. His brother was a school teacher and described him as an "intellect". He always needed concrete facts for anything and everything. He also drank a lot, especially when he recently started having problems. Ptr. Eli said that his brother made fun of him b/c of what he believed in and that he ridiculed Ptr. Eli for believing blindly.

This past Christmas, Ptr. Eli's parents gave his brother the Bible on CD. His parents told him to listen to the CD b/c he probably wont have time to read it. Well when the problems came, his brother turned to alcohol first...then, he started listening to the CD that his parents gave him. His brother said that ever since he started to listen to the CD, he was able to sleep, peacefully, and stopped drinking, COLD TURKEY. His brother recently accepted the Lord, and he called Ptr. Eli on the Sat we arrived. They spoke on the phone for a long time, and Ptr. Eli's brother said to him, "I finally understand why you believe. I am sorry for how I treated you before..." (or something to that degree)

Ptr. Eli had been praying to move that mountain (his brother's salvation) for 14 years. That mountain finally moved. Ceaseless praying/faith on Ptr. Eli's part has given way for his brother to be saved. How great is that. Very Very moving. Amen to the power of the Word of God, whether written or on audio.
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LA this weekend. Empty Re: LA this weekend.

Post  Sarge Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 am

Wow. That was touching to hear. It gave me the encouragement to continue to pray for other ppl's salvation esp. my fams. Also, it had something to do w/ endurance, patience and faith! Thanks, Matt for posting this. I was blessed just reading it. Very Happy All glory to God!!

methodikal wrote:Jz wanted to share some things from this past weekend while @ Pastor Eli's place.

He had a great message on Sunday about moving mountains. No not like Usher, but like how Zechariah said it. (Zech. 14:1-14.)

Ptr. Eli told a story about his brother. His brother was a school teacher and described him as an "intellect". He always needed concrete facts for anything and everything. He also drank a lot, especially when he recently started having problems. Ptr. Eli said that his brother made fun of him b/c of what he believed in and that he ridiculed Ptr. Eli for believing blindly.

This past Christmas, Ptr. Eli's parents gave his brother the Bible on CD. His parents told him to listen to the CD b/c he probably wont have time to read it. Well when the problems came, his brother turned to alcohol first...then, he started listening to the CD that his parents gave him. His brother said that ever since he started to listen to the CD, he was able to sleep, peacefully, and stopped drinking, COLD TURKEY. His brother recently accepted the Lord, and he called Ptr. Eli on the Sat we arrived. They spoke on the phone for a long time, and Ptr. Eli's brother said to him, "I finally understand why you believe. I am sorry for how I treated you before..." (or something to that degree)

Ptr. Eli had been praying to move that mountain (his brother's salvation) for 14 years. That mountain finally moved. Ceaseless praying/faith on Ptr. Eli's part has given way for his brother to be saved. How great is that. Very Very moving. Amen to the power of the Word of God, whether written or on audio.

Sarge

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 am

Definitely a great testimony. We need to remember that God has his own plans and time. All we can do is pray and encourage one another. We also have to hold on to that faith that God is all powerful and he can do anything.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum