CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
Non-Christians... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
Non-Christians... EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
Non-Christians... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Non-Christians... EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
Non-Christians... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
Non-Christians... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
Non-Christians... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
Non-Christians... EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
Non-Christians... EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Non-Christians...

+7
Mark
Christian Vengco
Mawi
Sarge
CLER
methodikal
joshcalu
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Non-Christians... Empty Non-Christians...

Post  joshcalu Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 am

Having a best friend that's non-Christian (atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, etc)... Who can relate? How does the relationship work? Does religion ever come up? Do you evangelize? How? Who's influence is stronger? What does the Bible say?

Discuss Non-Christians... 646889 Non-Christians... 3151 Non-Christians... 492742

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Non-Christians... Empty Re: Non-Christians...

Post  methodikal Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:37 am

joshcalu wrote:Having a best friend that's non-Christian (atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, etc)... Who can relate? How does the relationship work? Does religion ever come up? Do you evangelize? How? Who's influence is stronger? What does the Bible say?

Discuss Non-Christians... 646889 Non-Christians... 3151 Non-Christians... 492742

I try to keep it koo w/ them. I dont really try to force anything down their throats because I know that'll make things awkward. Not that i'm being ashamed of my Christianity, but lets just say actions speak louder than words.

I jz try to show them consistent love, always smile, and jz be happy despite any situation. If everyone is stressin off somethin, i'm usually the one that cracks a joke, or I try to mediate between the two parties...Its funny because my friends usually come to me for advice, guidance, or jz a listening ear when things aren't that great.

On the ride home from LA last week, we discussed how ur personal testimony can be more effective than "selling" Christ. For me its a relational evangelism. Its my relationship w/ my friends that I use to reflect God's love.
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CLER Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 am

I was a church-y girl when I met my close friends. So I've known them for a long time already when I got saved. I make sure that my actions reflect what I say and when I do talk to them or they ask for advice, I'm not gonna compromise the truth. As for who has stronger influence, hmm, not sure. We hardly hang out now, but if we do hang out, they know there are certain places we can't go to. That's why we hardly hang out coz she knows I won't go to the places she goes too. I'm too weak to resist those kinds of temptations and I do have to remember my witness to them.

I need to speak to them more about their need for Christ because the times I've tried... they shrugged me off. They're the typical folks who become defensive, that's why sometimes it's easier to witness to folks you don't know than your loved ones. I love them and I continue to pray that I will have that boldness to speak to them the truth. I know I can't wait any longer until it's too late.

If you really love your best friend... you've got to show them real love. I do feel the relational evangelism when it comes to loved ones, but you gotta make it a point that you will find time to speak to them about the Gospel, no excuse. Let's all pray for one another.

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarge Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:13 am

joshcalu wrote: Having a best friend that's non-Christian (atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, etc)... Who can relate? How does the relationship work? Does religion ever come up? Do you evangelize? How? Who's influence is stronger? What does the Bible say?

Wow good question and topic. I believe the best way is to show God's love to them. Also telling them the truth that without Christ in their lives they will be sent into Hell. But we also have to try not to judge them also. When we share to them about Christ we must rely upon God's word and make sure we back up what we say and to not turn it into a debate. They may not agree or understand us but just continue to share that love of Christ to them.

When I first got saved, I tried telling one of my "best friends" about Christ and how I wanted her to change and told her the things she's doing is wrong. It kinda pushed her away and she persecuted me for being so "holy" and that I didn't want to do the worldly things as I desired to do before. What I am trying to get at is... what I did wrong was I condemned her and how badly I wanted her to changed but it just doesn't work that way. It is the power of the Holy Spirit for it is our job to share the gospel but not change people. The best thing to do is to continue to pray for them and ask the Lord for wisdom when we evangelize to them.

There's more I want to say on here but its late and I am getting sleepy got work at 8am tomorrow...

But one verse to keep in mind for others to see that Christ lives in us is:
Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good workds and give glory to your Father who is in heaven [Matthew 5:16]

so To Be Continue....

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Sarge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarge Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 am

CLER wrote: that's why sometimes it's easier to witness to folks you don't know than your loved ones. I love them and I continue to pray that I will have that boldness to speak to them the truth. I know I can't wait any longer until it's too late.

If you really love your best friend... you've got to show them real love. I do feel the relational evangelism when it comes to loved ones, but you gotta make it a point that you will find time to speak to them about the Gospel, no excuse. Let's all pray for one another.

Hey sister! yeah I totally feel you on that first line in the bold. I find it easier than for those who know you well. But its still no excuse for us to avoid our love ones that do not know Christ. Its a heavier burden b/c there's not a day goes by that I wish my whole family is saved. But I agree that we must continue to pray for them w/out ceasing [1 Th 5:17]. But when there's an opportunity we must grab it to share the good news.

Thanks Josh for bringing up this topic it helps me realize and remind me to continue to pray for my love ones study Non-Christians... 382515

okay everyone goodnite for now.... Sleep Sleep

Sarge

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:40 am

joshcalu wrote:Having a best friend that's non-Christian (atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, etc)... Who can relate? How does the relationship work? Does religion ever come up? Do you evangelize? How? Who's influence is stronger? What does the Bible say?

I have a best friend who is almost an athiest. I've tried so hard to preach to him about having God as his savior. It's so hard because he doesn't like to hear anything I have to say about God. Every single time I talk to him, I always invite him to go to our church, but he says church is not for him. I think he is scared of what people might think of him and I've told him that if he goes, no one will judge him. I've even read the bible in front of him, on the phone, etc. He still ignores the word of God.

How does our relationship work? Well, I know that he doesn't believe in God, but I feel like if I don't become friends with him, who will try and save him? I don't think I can ever leave our friendship hanging, I feel like I can be his light. Even though, I know sometimes he doesn't like to hear to what I have to say, I keep on doing it anyway.

I keep on praying for him because I don't want to him to go to hell.

Here's a scripture I found.. Romans 1:20-32. Can anyone let me know if it makes sense?
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Vengco Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:25 pm

i guess it's different for some of us. for me it' s easier to share the word with the people that are close to me no matter what they believe in. in the end they may not feel the same way i do but they respect my views no matter wat. i think the best way to really evangelize to your friends and family is to show them how much god has changed your life and the kind of person you have become. my personality doesnt really change, im still myself around them but i definitely am careful with my words and actions because it reflects me as a Christian. as far as them continuing to reject the word. i think god has placed us in most of these people's lives for a reason...so just never give up and continue to try to preach the word to them no matter how hopeless it may seem. i know one youth night a long time ago there was a message that jeff said regarding evangelism that hit me so hard. he asked us to picture ourselves in the gates of heaven about to enter..and on the other side of the gate is our loved ones that weren't save telling us why we didnt tell them more about god... i dont know about you guys but that would devistate me if that happened. so i take that as a driving factor to help me never to lose hope with the people i care about...

Christian Vengco

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Mawi wrote:

...Here's a scripture I found.. Romans 1:20-32. Can anyone let me know if it makes sense?

Correct me if i'm wrong...In this passage, Paul points out a lot of wrongful doings that non-christians are doing: worshiping creation rathar than the Creator, living immorally, homosexuality, etc...I guess you can parallel that w/ the people who choose to live like that today. But here's the contrast, he goes on in Chapter 2 saying that we "have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things." Paul makes it clear what the consequences are for passing judgement upon them. We are just as guilty as they are if we do condemn.

I guess the idea is to keep showing them love, regardless of how they choose to live their life. Don't change who you are, just change what you do. Keep being there for them...Don't think that we are more special than they are b/c we have a relationship w/ God. They are also God's children; we should treat them like FAM. No if's, and's, or but's, just FAM. Kill'em w/ kindess if you will. One day they'll wonder why you're the way you are, always showing joy, happiness, despite what the world may bring. When that day comes, you come w/ the Gospel and tell them how good God is in your life. All in His timing. We can try to force it all we want, but if the Holy Spirit has not opened their ears to receive, then its like beating a dead horse. Non-Christians... 976484
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CLER Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 pm

methodikal wrote:

I guess the idea is to keep showing them love, regardless of how they choose to live their life. Don't change who you are, just change what you do. Keep being there for them...Don't think that we are more special than they are b/c we have a relationship w/ God. They are also God's children; we should treat them like FAM. No if's, and's, or but's, just FAM. Kill'em w/ kindess if you will. One day they'll wonder why you're the way you are, always showing joy, happiness, despite what the world may bring. When that day comes, you come w/ the Gospel and tell them how good God is in your life. All in His timing. We can try to force it all we want, but if the Holy Spirit has not opened their ears to receive, then its like beating a dead horse. Non-Christians... 976484

I disagree with the statement in bold. The Bible says only the saved ones are children of God (John 1:12; John 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10). The losts ones are not referred to as children of God, but instead children of wrath (Ephesians 2:3,James 4:4; 1 John 3:Cool. That is why there is a sense of urgency to share the Gospel to people. The second bold statement, my question is when is that one day? We don't even know if we have tomorrow. Why wait until they inquire to us about God, let's make it a point that we share to them soon instead of waiting for them to notice what's different about us. Witness to them lovingly and with humility with the full Gospel... our good works will reflect this and let's pray and trust that Holy Spirit will do its work.

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Well I am very fortunate and blessed that my best friends have God in their lives now and come to church with me. The biggest thing that I found successful was not living my life like other people. I tried to reflect God as best as I could and talk them about how God is working in my life and how blessed I am because of God. When your friends see that you are different they will start to ask questions. I found that the best way to evangelize is by letting your friends know how much you love them and care for them. When they know how much you care about them, then they will listen to what you have to Say about God and how they can receive salvation.

Definitely do not force the Bible and God on them but let them take it all in and think about it. God will start working in their lives and heart the moment you planted that seed. With continued evangelizing in time they will come to God. As for who has the biggest influence, I think as long as you stand strong on your belief then that is the only thing that matters. They don't have to follow you and you don't have to follow them. Stay strong in what you believe in and make sure that you stay away from worldly things. If your friends truly want to spend time with you then they will only do things with you that you like to do and hang out in places where you know is acceptable in God's eyes. Don't compromise your Christian life by doing things your friends want you to do that you know is not acceptable by God. If your friends want to do worldly things then that is up them, you don't have to do it with them.

There is a saying, "Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are." Your best friends are a reflection of yourself and hopefully you have taken the best parts of yourselves and given them to each other. The best part of me is having God in my life and that is what I tried to give to my best friends. I guess it really all depends on how close of a relationship you have with your friends. My best friends are like brothers to me so maybe that is why I was fortunate that all three of them have found God and come to church now. All I have to say is never give up on your friends and loved ones. God works in mysterious ways and in his own time. I truly believe that it is our loved ones that we should be evangelizing to first. How can we talk to strangers about God but not talk to our loved ones about God? I am not saying don't evangelize to strangers, all I'm saying is we need to talk to our loved ones about God because they are the ones that we truly love and care about the most.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Mark wrote:Well I am very fortunate and blessed that my best friends have God in their lives now...

I remember two years ago in my physics class, i had a friend who was very intelligent and he couldnt except the fact that there is a GOD...I shared to him the gospel one day and i was praying that the HOly Spirit would so strongly speak to him..I believe without the spirit's power, our words are useless......I had to share to him everything,,what Sin was and what the consequences are...Who Christ is and What he has done etc...In the End I gave him an Old Bible that i didnt use...I never saw him again afterwards........

For me, the key is honesty and compassion and love...We cant afford to sugar coat the message of the GOspel...TO do so would be dishonest and to give that person a false sense of hope through being righteous outside of the righteousness in CHrist Jesus....Sin has to be defined as it is...not just saying oh you are a sinner,,,but rather why the mere fact that we are sinners causes a great threat towards us if we do not come to Christ......It has to be balanced....Some people are just out there to condemn others, while others merely present a God who is like Santa Claus and gives gifts to everyone....We present God in all his ways...His love..His HOliness....Wrath...Justice...etc..the full counsel of God

if i could go back, i would evangelize to those who were with me in middle school...I look at their lives now, myspace etc, theyve changed for the worse and some are even at the present already dead..some are alcoholics...parents at early ages...hustlers...pimps...its just bad......i wish i had enough courage back then

But i think one of the worst techniques in presenting the gospel is to present this nonsense of "God has big things in store for you if you would only come to him"...the problem with that is people would come to CHrist not because of Love for him, but love for whats on his table....we see this over and over again,,especially in mega churches...a gospel that does not speak of sin hell repentance forgivenesss the grace of God the Love of God the Person of Christ is a very inadequate gospel
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:36 pm

I agree kuya mark...

Last night, i was talkin to my best friend again about going to church.. and I explaining to him how He makes my life easier now that I actually put my faith and trust in Him. But his response was something like.. "is there a bible video game?" i felt bad when he said that. I told him that when it comes to God, it's not a joke.
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 am

CLER wrote:

I disagree with the statement in bold. The Bible says only the saved ones are children of God (John 1:12; John 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10). The losts ones are not referred to as children of God, but instead children of wrath (Ephesians 2:3,James 4:4; 1 John 3 : Cool. That is why there is a sense of urgency to share the Gospel to people. The second bold statement, my question is when is that one day? We don't even know if we have tomorrow. Why wait until they inquire to us about God, let's make it a point that we share to them soon instead of waiting for them to notice what's different about us. Witness to them lovingly and with humility with the full Gospel... our good works will reflect this and let's pray and trust that Holy Spirit will do its work.

Clair, i'm not sayin that I never tried to speak about the Gospel to them...I planted that seed a long time ago. And I do realize the urgency, but its not up to me whether they choose to follow Christ. My friends know my stance on GOD/JC. They respect the way I worship. They respect the way I live...And in turn I give that respect back to them. I dont try to force feed them the Gospel as some do...I approach it as a friend and not a preacher. I'm not their preacher. I was their friend to begin with and I will always will be their friend. They know how much love I have for them, and how much I care about them. I am their friend and that is not going to change.

And the "children of wrath" you speak of, and quoted from scripture, makes it seem as though my friends practice lies, deceit, murder, homosexuality, etc...my friends are good people. I know that being "good" doesn't buy you a ticket to heaven, but putting people in the same category as "children of wrath" is pretty much condemning them...I know for sure i'm not put on this earth to judge, especially those whom I love.
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosielle Manuel Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 pm

I believe the most important thing you can do is to pray for the person. Prayer is essential of course, but the Lord doesn't make you do it on your own. He will continue to strengthen you and help you with his word and courage you to witness to your friend. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

Also, trusting in the Holy Spirit is important. We cannot change a person’s heart, only God can. The most we could do is share our testimony and be the light. Show them that the joy of the Lord is our strength, during the joyful and hard times in our lives. Our goal is to simply share the truth, the truth that was revealed to you by God through his word.
“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55: 10-11
the word is so powerful! God’s word produces life in the heart of sinners.

Non-Christians... 492742

Rosielle Manuel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodel Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

methodikal wrote:And the "children of wrath" you speak of, and quoted from scripture, makes it seem as though my friends practice lies, deceit, murder, homosexuality, etc...my friends are good people. I know that being "good" doesn't buy you a ticket to heaven, but putting people in the same category as "children of wrath" is pretty much condemning them...I know for sure i'm not put on this earth to judge, especially those whom I love.

I believe it was not meant to be personal. Those bible verses quoted were spot on. Those are the exact things we do. The only difference was we're forgiven of our sins and our friends are not (as it is the topic of the forum). The bible clearly describes those who are not of God or unsaved are children of wrath and it's rightfully so. We used to be on that spot and we are now adopted through Christ Jesus.
It's unfortunate, that at times, our friends or loved cant' seem to appreciate or receive the Gospel and treat us differently as if we've done them wrong. As you have said, kill them with kindness in hopes that one day, they'll see why you act that way with them.

For us that are saved let's keep doing our part.
Rodel
Rodel

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Rodel wrote:

I believe it was not meant to be personal. Those bible verses quoted were spot on. Those are the exact things we do. The only difference was we're forgiven of our sins and our friends are not (as it is the topic of the forum). The bible clearly describes those who are not of God or unsaved are children of wrath and it's rightfully so. We used to be on that spot...

Sorry yea, thats what I was trying to get at...
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CLER Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

methodikal wrote:
Rodel wrote:

I believe it was not meant to be personal. Those bible verses quoted were spot on. Those are the exact things we do. The only difference was we're forgiven of our sins and our friends are not (as it is the topic of the forum). The bible clearly describes those who are not of God or unsaved are children of wrath and it's rightfully so. We used to be on that spot...

Sorry yea, thats what I was trying to get at...

yea thanks rodel. matt you're right, we're not here to judged coz only God can do that. all I'm stating is what the Bible says and that anyone who is unsaved are children of wrath, nothing person, it is what it is. I don't need to judge my friends or any unsaved ones as that's God's job. He has condemned them because of the fall of man, but again and again, it goes back to thanking God for His mercy and grace. I just don't get why people get offended that no one is good. Actually I do, it's the truth and I stick to that. Again this isn't an attack on you Matt, this is in general.

My thing is if we really love these people, is it really love if we don't share to them the Gospel? In reality, the Gospel is offensive because it shows people who they really are. And with the humanism that's going on in this world, we are taught to think that that we can do everything for ourselves and not need God. Again, if you love your friends and family... show them the real love and that is from God.

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 pm

CLER wrote:
yea thanks rodel. matt you're right, we're not here to judged coz only God can do that... show them the real love and that is from God.

Thanks for clearing that up Claire...I apologize for taking it as a personal response. SOrry duuude.

On another note: I met w/ 6 of my really good friends last night, and I had this forum in my mind the whole time...we werent really talking about anything important, but how would I, say, bring up God/JC/salvation in a situation such as that? We were trying to plan a road trip, and one of the guys suggested to volunteer @ a soup kitchen like in San Diego or wherever we go, I kinda wanted to build off that, but didnt know how to do it...any suggestions for next time?
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodel Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Hmm... from personal experience, I think conversational is the way to go. WOTM really helped me a lot how to approach it. Try asking, in a way to assume they're going to heaven when they die, then build off from how they would respond. That will get them to talk... listen carefully, then respond. People love to talk about themselves.
Rodel
Rodel

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Rodel wrote:Hmm... from personal experience, I think conversational is the way to go. WOTM really helped me a lot how to approach it. Try asking, in a way to assume they're going to heaven when they die, then build off from how they would respond. That will get them to talk... listen carefully, then respond. People love to talk about themselves.

Hmm...good word, ya some of my friends, one in particular, loves to talk about himself LoL jkjk I think i'll try that. Kinda hard though when its just me and another "Born Again Christian", 2 Catholics, and 3 Athiests. The 2 Catholics usually dont say much, and the 3 Athiests are sarcastically saying random stuff hahhaha hard to keep topics focused w/ only 1 or 2 people staying focused/interested. LoL
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodel Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:44 pm

^^ Yea, I know what you mean. Uhh... I'm lost for word... I'll get back to ya! LOL Non-Christians... 45746
Rodel
Rodel

Back to top Go down

Post  CLER Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 am

methodikal wrote:
Rodel wrote:Hmm... from personal experience, I think conversational is the way to go. WOTM really helped me a lot how to approach it. Try asking, in a way to assume they're going to heaven when they die, then build off from how they would respond. That will get them to talk... listen carefully, then respond. People love to talk about themselves.

Hmm...good word, ya some of my friends, one in particular, loves to talk about himself LoL jkjk I think i'll try that. Kinda hard though when its just me and another "Born Again Christian", 2 Catholics, and 3 Athiests. The 2 Catholics usually dont say much, and the 3 Athiests are sarcastically saying random stuff hahhaha hard to keep topics focused w/ only 1 or 2 people staying focused/interested. LoL

If it's a group thing like that, I would suggest just bring up a simple question like what Rodel said. Then usually one person may show interest and direct that conversation to him. If you want, you can try to include others to the conversation, but if that doesn't work just focus on that one person showing interest. Others will listen, even though they're not really part of the conversation, they can still hear it. Or this is another boldness which is you try to talk to each person, let them know I gotta talk to you about something that is important to you and that since you love them, you want them to know about it.

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 am

CLER wrote:

If it's a group thing like that, I would suggest just bring up a simple question like what Rodel said. Then usually one person may show interest and direct that conversation to him. If you want, you can try to include others to the conversation, but if that doesn't work just focus on that one person showing interest. Others will listen, even though they're not really part of the conversation, they can still hear it. Or this is another boldness which is you try to talk to each person, let them know I gotta talk to you about something that is important to you and that since you love them, you want them to know about it.

CONGRATS CLER!! YOUR THE #200 POST IN THIS FORUM!! Non-Christians... 652909

Cool thanks for the suggestion! Anyone else?
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:20 am

The way I see it, a true friend will always listen to what you have to say no matter what, as long as they know that it is very important to you. If your friends truly respect you and understand how important God is in you life they will listen even if they do not agree. The real questions is how do we as Christians portray ourselves in front of our friends. If we do not reflect the Christian life the way it is suppose to then people will not listen to us. If your friends do not see how seriously you are about God then why should they take you seriously? This is why it is so important for us to live our lives right.

In the end though it will be God who will work in their life and in time if it is meant to be then they will believe. We just gotta keep pushing and evangelizing to our friends and loved ones. Like many have said already, the most important way to evangelize is through Love. Let them know that you care about them and that you truly believe in all your heart that if they do not believe in Jesus Christ then they will not have eternal life.

It is tough talking about God in a big group like that Matt. Too many opinions and yes too many distractions. I am not saying it is impossible, but it is tough. However, if you truly take it seriously they will take you seriously. Oh and this is just not to you Matt this post is in general.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 am

Mark wrote:The way I see it, a true friend will always listen to what you have to say no matter what, as long as they know that it is very important to you. If your friends truly respect you and understand how important God is in you life they will listen even if they do not agree...

So, you're saying you would listen and take in info from a true friend who's Muslim, Buddhist, etc?

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum