CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
Priest? Catholicism EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
Priest? Catholicism EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
Priest? Catholicism EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Priest? Catholicism EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
Priest? Catholicism EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
Priest? Catholicism EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
Priest? Catholicism EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
Priest? Catholicism EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
Priest? Catholicism EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Priest? Catholicism

4 posters

Go down

Priest? Catholicism Empty Priest? Catholicism

Post  Mawi Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 am

My question is.. do priest go to hell even when they worship God? How about catholic people who really worship God and actually read the bible?
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Priest? Catholicism Empty Re: Priest? Catholicism

Post  KuyaAirl Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 am

Mawi wrote:My question is.. do priest go to hell even when they worship God? How about catholic people who really worship God and actually read the bible?

Thats a good question Mawi!! As far as a priest going to hell even when they worship God....Lets make sure that the one they worship has to be God himself....The bible makes it clear that idolatry is a Sin and any forms of God in graven images and statues and pictures is considered idolatry......The WOrship of Mary is CONSIDERED IDOLATRY..ill go back to that a little later

If a Priest Worships God,,the true God,,,that worship is genuine as result of his relationship with Jesus Christ...if THat priest has come to Christ in saving faith and in repentance,,depending fully on the finished work of Christ as means of salvation, His sins have been forgiven and he...with the promise of the bible..has been given eternal life and when death comes, he will be absent from the body, but present with the Lord...As far as Catholics reading the bible and going to hell or heaven, remember that reading the bible does not get a person to heaven...if that person has no relationship with Christ, then its an eternity of misery....we read the bible ultimately to lead us to the person and the work of Jesus Christ...Once we recieve what he has done,,,believing in him and putting our faith and trust in Him and His Name, then we are saved...this can be applied to catholics...we read the bible now as a result of that change that a relationship with Christ has brought to us

God loves the catholics as much as he loves all men...the problem with catholism is, it is based on the notion of somehow pleasing God through good works or earning a way to heaven on the basis of doing good deeds... unlike what the bible says where we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.....many of its doctrines are wrong...for example, coming to a priest for forgiveness...Bible makes it clear that Only JEsus Christ offers forgiveness of sins to all Men....Only God can forgive sins....He is the only mediator between God and Men.... (1 Timothy 2:5)...the catholics believe that Mary is a mediator between God and Men and that is Blasphemy....

lets go back to the worship part...as far as catholics who worship God..same can be applied to them in how i described the priest earlier....if they worship God..it has to be THE REAL GOD of the BIBLE.,..i say this because of the false view of worship that some catholics have......Mary isnt God...Only God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit deserve worship...Only JESUS CHRIST is to be worshipped

So as far as a Priest who worships God and catholics who worship God and read the bible...ultimately if they are in Christ and are saved, then heaven is for them...because of what Christ has done for them and them trusting in what CHrist has done...

but if a catholic simply reads the bible because it is a religious duty and not because of a relationship with Jesus Christ,,then the opposite can be said as far as eternity..again we cannot go to heaven on the basis of good works, only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ

the whole thing boils down to salvation and being saved...that salvation produces a new perspective on things like worship and serving God.......ReAL WORSHIP begins to take place and the love for Christ becomes evident in their lives...its no longer about religion
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:06 am

Thanks Earl!! Let's say, they don't worship Mary or any saints or what not, but it seems like they are worshiping because they are praying in front of them, but they are asking for help with prayers.. is that wrong? And my other question is about their set prayers, you think you can give me a scripture or verse in the bible about that?
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Mawi wrote:Thanks Earl!! Let's say, they don't worship Mary or any saints or what not, but it seems like they are worshiping because they are praying in front of them, but they are asking for help with prayers.. is that wrong? And my other question is about their set prayers, you think you can give me a scripture or verse in the bible about that?

I dont think its wrong to ask anyone for prayers. As long as you dont believe that the intercessor, whoever it may be, is the one that is going to save you from sin.

As for the prayers...lets ask a PC what the prayers mean, what they represent, and why they do it, so we can get a better understanding of what the practice is about. I'm gna ask Audrey to chime in here sometime soon, to give us a perspective from the Catholic side, but you are more than welcome to call Audrey anytime you want to ask her questions about Catholicism.

P.S. To everyone, Audrey is already a member of the forum, so you can PM her here and ask her your questions about the Catholic faith.
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Mawi wrote:Thanks Earl!! Let's say, they don't worship Mary or any saints or what not, but it seems like they are worshiping because they are praying in front of them, but they are asking for help with prayers.. is that wrong? And my other question is about their set prayers, you think you can give me a scripture or verse in the bible about that?

Sorry Mawi but from what im saying...what im gonna say is gonna start something heated....i thought the purpose of this was to present truth and what the word says...sorry Mawi....Ask Matt he knows alot about catholism,...ask him....all i can say to you is to be discerning and use scripture to filter things out
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodel Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 pm

Mawi wrote:And my other question is about their set prayers, you think you can give me a scripture or verse in the bible about that?

I think Matthew 6:7 is the closest I can refer to.
Rodel
Rodel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:22 am

thanks guys.
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content