CCC College/Career Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» what happened here?
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:39 pm by Rosielle Manuel

» Summer Events... Details Inside.
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:38 am by Mawi

» God imaginary? I don't think so.
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 am by Mawi

» Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm by CLER

» Why study theology?
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm by CLER

» Men... saving it for marriage
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm by CLER

» Ladies... good read
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm by CLER

» Need Financial Blessings
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 pm by Sarge

» SF Pillow Fight Pix and Warrior's Game Pix are Up!!
Do babies go to heaven? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am by methodikal

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Do babies go to heaven?

+5
rafmoya
methodikal
CLER
Mawi
joshcalu
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do babies go to heaven? Empty Do babies go to heaven?

Post  joshcalu Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Do babies get to go to Heaven? Why or why not? Try to refer to specific text from the Bible or jz ur .02 would be koo.

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Do babies go to heaven? Empty Do babies go to heaven?

Post  Mawi Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 pm

I think they go to heaven, but since Adam and Eve sinned, babies are considered unsaved. My question is why won't they go to heaven because they haven't done anything "worldly"? Revelation 20:11-15 indicates that all of the unsaved are resurrected to appear before the Great White Throne, and twice it is stressed that each will be judged according to their works. Also, I don't think they have disobeyed/rejected the Word of God. Another thing, Jesus has died for our since, including a newborn's sins. Think about that.
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Do babies go to heaven? Empty Re: Do babies go to heaven?

Post  CLER Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 pm

joshcalu wrote:Do babies get to go to Heaven? Why or why not? Try to refer to specific text from the Bible or jz ur .02 would be koo.

Do you have Script (or have you heard of Script) that may or may not imply or say that babies get to go to heaven? If you do, post it up. We can break it down.

I got my 2 cents, but I wanna find the back-up text before I respond again.

CLER

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Thats one of the things me, mark, n josh were discussing last friday night. I am convinced that Babies/children are innocent. They dont know any better...its only until the point of realization of right/wrong are they accountable for their actions. But before that point, i was stressing the fact that these children are sinless/pure. So if these children happen to die before that realization, then I believe they go to Heaven.

We also touched on inheriting generational sin. I dont know what part that plays in being "born into sin", but it suggests that if a baby/child dies w/o being saved, then they go to Hell?

Please give ur .02. It would greatly be appreciated.

And if anyone can give scripture in support of my stance or another stance, that would help out a lot. Very Happy
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

https://ccccollegetalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 am

I guess this is a verse that can help..

Moreover, your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons, who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them and they shall possess it.
Deutoronomy 1:39
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:03 am

CLER wrote:
joshcalu wrote:Do babies get to go to Heaven? Why or why not? Try to refer to specific text from the Bible or jz ur .02 would be koo.

Do you have Script (or have you heard of Script) that may or may not imply or say that babies get to go to heaven? If you do, post it up. We can break it down.

I got my 2 cents, but I wanna find the back-up text before I respond again.

I didn't really have any specific verses or anything. Mark, Matt, and I just wanted to throw any question out just to kind of get the ball rolling in this forum. I haven't had much time to pick up my Bible or to read any other sources in regards to this topic. But I'll try to add to this discussion later. After the trip to LA, I'm still Sleep Lol!

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:25 am

I didn't really have any specific verses or anything. Mark, Matt, and I just wanted to throw any question out just to kind of get the ball rolling in this forum. I haven't had much time to pick up my Bible or to read any other sources in regards to this topic. But I'll try to add to this discussion later. After the trip to LA, I'm still Sleep Lol![/quote]

Hahaha man i'm good. Why? Cz I was sleeping the whole time hahahhahaha. sunny
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rafmoya Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:08 am

ok this is what i have...

it says in the bible something about "...even the gray hair and the suckling with suffer the depths of hell..." and also if you say that babies are innocent what about those ppl who are born like a vegetable (cant do anything in bed and pretty much dead) and for those ppl are in the middle of nowhere where no TV or any "Jesus is the savior" is heard...?

imo this is one of those topic that cant really be deciphered by human thoughts but really digging in the word.
rafmoya
rafmoya

Back to top Go down

Post  rafmoya Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 am

so lets say babies goto heaven... if babies die are they adults when they get to heaven? cuz babies cant worship God 24/7.
rafmoya
rafmoya

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:24 am

rafmoya wrote:so lets say babies goto heaven... if babies die are they adults when they get to heaven? cuz babies cant worship God 24/7.

Good point...but we can segway that question in another thread. Lets try to get sm scriptural evidence to support the OP...i'm gna do some digging tnyte.

BTW for those folks who are not familiar w/ acronyms...OP = Original Post/Poster...IMO = In My Opinion...or IMHO = In My Honest Opinion...BTW = By The Way
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawi Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:59 am

I was also thinking about the people who are disabled that can't think for themselves because they were born that way. Since they don't really have a mind of their own, will they go to heaven?

I was thinking, maybe, since they can't really get up on their own, they're kind of like babies. So.. maybe they're automatically saved?
Mawi
Mawi

Back to top Go down

Do babies go to heaven? Empty Verse that might help

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:03 am

GOOD POINT RAF!!!!whether Babies are adults when they get to heaven. i guess we will never know...I think what matters is that When they do die, they will be in the presence of God forever due to them not reaching that age of accountability in spite of the fact that they were born in sin....i think it is on the mercy of God to spare that child and to bring that child into his presence after death

Maybe this verse can help...King David when he lost his first son due to his sin knew where his son was going:David knew that he would one day be reunited with his boy

2 Samuel 12:23, "But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me

God in his sovereignty will do the right thing and if a infant dies, that infant of course will not know the difference between right and wrong and God will do what is right....

methodikal wrote:
rafmoya wrote:so lets say babies goto heaven... if babies die are they adults when they get to heaven? cuz babies cant worship God 24/7.

Good point...but we can segway that question in another thread. Lets try to get sm scriptural evidence to support the OP...i'm gna do some digging tnyte.

BTW for those folks who are not familiar w/ acronyms...OP = Original Post/Poster...IMO = In My Opinion...or IMHO = In My Honest Opinion...BTW = By The Way
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:09 am

Another verse: Mark 10:13-14).

Jesus said to the children :"Suffer the little children to come on to me...Forbid them not..For the Kingdom of God Belongs to such as these"

Jesus Loved Children,,infants as well and they do have a special place in his heart

KuyaAirl wrote:GOOD POINT RAF!!!!whether Babies are adults when they get to heaven. i guess we will never know...I think what matters is that When they do die, they will be in the presence of God forever due to them not reaching that age of accountability in spite of the fact that they were born in sin....i think it is on the mercy of God to spare that child and to bring that child into his presence after death

Maybe this verse can help...King David when he lost his first son due to his sin knew where his son was going:David knew that he would one day be reunited with his boy

2 Samuel 12:23, "But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me

God in his sovereignty will do the right thing and if a infant dies, that infant of course will not know the difference between right and wrong and God will do what is right....

methodikal wrote:

KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 am

Good Word Earl!! I'm gna get to studyin. study study study hahahaha
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 am

KuyaAirl wrote:Another verse: Mark 10:13-14).

Jesus said to the children :"Suffer the little children to come on to me...Forbid them not..For the Kingdom of God Belongs to such as these"

Jesus Loved Children,,infants as well and they do have a special place in his heart

KuyaAirl wrote:GOOD POINT RAF!!!!whether Babies are adults when they get to heaven. i guess we will never know...I think what matters is that When they do die, they will be in the presence of God forever due to them not reaching that age of accountability in spite of the fact that they were born in sin....i think it is on the mercy of God to spare that child and to bring that child into his presence after death

methodikal wrote:

So... I read Mark 10:14 (thanks, Earl, for the verse) but I'm still unsure. Matt 18:1-6 says:

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Here, Jesus makes note that little children are ABLE to commit sin.

I'm anticipating specific rebuttals but I'll wait and see the responses before I comment again.

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:39 am

Earl that is a great verse and it answers some questions. I think it sums it up that God does have a special place in his heart for children. Just like God has a special place in his heart for the Jews. The Jews don't even believe in Jesus Christ and they are to be saved no matter what. So just like the Jews I too believe that children/infants do have a special place God's heart and they are saved.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:46 am

joshcalu wrote:
KuyaAirl wrote:Another verse: Mark 10:13-14).

methodikal wrote:

Bro.......Read Matt 18: 1-6 again...take the context of what Jesus was saying from start to finish...youll find the answer

So... I read Mark 10:14 (thanks, Earl, for the verse) but I'm still unsure. Matt 18:1-6 says:

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Here, Jesus makes note that little children are ABLE to commit sin.

I'm anticipating specific rebuttals but I'll wait and see the responses before I comment again.
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:54 am

Mark wrote:Earl that is a great verse and it answers some questions. I think it sums it up that God does have a special place in his heart for children. Just like God has a special place in his heart for the Jews. The Jews don't even believe in Jesus Christ and they are to be saved no matter what. So just like the Jews I too believe that children/infants do have a special place God's heart and they are saved.

Bro...Very important,,,Although the Jews are God's chosen people, not all Jews will enter the Kingdom of God because of some constant rebelling against God and rejecting Christ....Israel as a whole will be saved as a nation in the very End when the Messiah(Jesus) returns....but the decision to come to Christ is still an individual thing.....Israel will call out to God for repentance and for the Messiah to return tHank God there are Christian Jews today who believe in Yeshua HaMashiach(Jesus Christ) and they are saved but if a Jew were to die today without Christ, he or she will be sent to Hell....We are saved only by grace and faith in Jesus Christ...but it doesnt matter what the race is.....

Romans 10: 12 There is no difference between Jew and Greek, because they all have the same Lord, who gives richly to all who call on him.
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 am

[quote=
...Here, Jesus makes note that little children are ABLE to commit sin.

I'm anticipating specific rebuttals but I'll wait and see the responses before I comment again.[/quote]

I think JC was speaking to those who make the children sin rather than the children sinning. He makes the distinction that children are able to sin, but He also makes it clear that its not their fault. They are "manipulated" (for lack of a better word) into sin, and the ones who will pay the consequence are the ones who did the manipulating. Jesus makes a strong statement at the end, "it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." He kinda implies that something worse is out there...IDK maybe i'm overthinkin that one.
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 am

KuyaAirl wrote:
Mark wrote:Earl that is a great verse and it answers some questions. I think it sums it up that God does have a special place in his heart for children. Just like God has a special place in his heart for the Jews. The Jews don't even believe in Jesus Christ and they are to be saved no matter what. So just like the Jews I too believe that children/infants do have a special place God's heart and they are saved.

Bro...Very important,,,Although the Jews are God's chosen people, not all Jews will enter the Kingdom of God because of some constant rebelling against God and rejecting Christ....Israel as a whole will be saved as a nation in the very End when the Messiah(Jesus) returns....but the decision to come to Christ is still an individual thing.....Israel will call out to God for repentance and for the Messiah to return tHank God there are Christian Jews today who believe in Yeshua HaMashiach(Jesus Christ) and they are saved but if a Jew were to die today without Christ, he or she will be sent to Hell....We are saved only by grace and faith in Jesus Christ...but it doesnt matter what the race is.....

Romans 10: 12 There is no difference between Jew and Greek, because they all have the same Lord, who gives richly to all who call on him.

OoOooO Sounds like a good segway to another topic. Anyone wna start it? LoL What a Face
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 am

Earl! I've read it again and again but I can't see it scratch Lol! How 'bout spoonfeeding me the answer just this one time...

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  methodikal Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 am

joshcalu wrote:Earl! I've read it again and again but I can't see it scratch Lol! How 'bout spoonfeeding me the answer just this one time...

Spoon. ha. No homo. Suspect
methodikal
methodikal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:03 am

methodikal wrote:[quote=
...Here, Jesus makes note that little children are ABLE to commit sin.

I think JC was speaking to those who make the children sin rather than the children sinning. He makes the distinction that children are able to sin, but He also makes it clear that its not their fault. They are "manipulated" (for lack of a better word) into sin, and the ones who will pay the consequence are the ones who did the manipulating. Jesus makes a strong statement at the end, "it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." He kinda implies that something worse is out there...IDK maybe i'm overthinkin that one.[/quote]

Ah, I see. Thanks, yo!

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  KuyaAirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 am

joshcalu wrote:Earl! I've read it again and again but I can't see it scratch Lol! How 'bout spoonfeeding me the answer just this one time...

Got ur back Josh......Jesus was talking about having the faith and humility of a little child....The disciples were arguing on who among them was the greatest and Jesus told them that to be humble as a child or to have child like faith to be the greatest in the Kingdom of God.....and The consequence in the passage applies to the one who causes children to sin...Not to the children themselves.....When JEsus talks about a mAn wearing a MIll Stone and I think being thrown into the sea. he was referring to those who cause a child to Sin....I think MAtt said "Manipulation"....So Jesus wasnt talking about a consequence to a child who sins , although a child can sin
KuyaAirl
KuyaAirl

Back to top Go down

Post  joshcalu Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 am

KuyaAirl wrote:

Got ur back Josh......Jesus was talking about having the faith and humility of a little child....The disciples were arguing on who among them was the greatest and Jesus told them that to be humble as a child or to have child like faith to be the greatest in the Kingdom of God.....and The consequence in the passage applies to the one who causes children to sin...Not to the children themselves.....When JEsus talks about a mAn wearing a MIll Stone and I think being thrown into the sea. he was referring to those who cause a child to Sin....I think MAtt said "Manipulation"....So Jesus wasnt talking about a consequence to a child who sins , although a child can sin

Thx again!

joshcalu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next